I too would like to know what is going on here, some high profile
people are tweeting about lists and how they work, yet none (well
maybe none) of us have any idea how we could integrate this into our
apps yet.

Yet at the same time the ReTweet api docs have been around for a
while, they are being tested and not rolled out yet.