According to my tests, messages will not be truncated anymore!

Instead, you will get the most recent status update as a reply.

Is this a bug or feature?

Also, it seems as if the API now checks for duplicates in your
"backlog" of statuses and not just you most recent tweet.

Previously, only the last tweet was checked:

- Last tweet "test"
- Send new tweet with "status=test" will return the old status (with
the old status_id)

but if you had something like this:

Last tweet "Hello, world."
Second last tweet "test"

Then you were able to create a new tweet with "status=test"!

This is not possible at the moment.

Bug or feature?

I'm getting a lot of complaints from my Twitter client users who
apparently experience both of these new "behaviours" or "bugs" (long
tweets fail, duplicates fail.)

Ole @ mobileways.de
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/janole