http://twitter.com/widgets/which_widget
click on html widget, and chose the one you want, it will help you build one. They are all html, though use Javascript to pretty them up.

http://twitter.com/goodies/widgets
That link does not as far as I can tell, for the Web site widgets, make flash widgets.

I suspect you are confusing html widgets for flash widgets, just because Javascript is able to make them look more like what flash often appears.

I just made this one http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/340087/Drops/10.18.09/widget-b51545b8-142935.png which is not flash, all html.

You are probably getting pretty close to moving into an area of asking questions on a mailing list that was not designed to answer your questions. I suggest if you really do not like this, that you take it up with twitter support by opening a ticket.

Hope that helps