I agree. A silent failure seems like the wrong behavior.. It should
return an error if the tweet has failed to post.

Also this change was made without any announcement that I recall
seeing or can find now. This is a pretty significant change in
behavior for existing clients.. We are failing to post because people
are not getting an error and they believe it is our problem.

Because the failure is silent we do not notify the user of the
problem. We will update our code with a work around, but I would have
expected some sort of announcement that this was going to happen.