Christopher

To my recollection, for search with since_id to work properly, the
tweet id must be in the search index.  In this case:

http://search.twitter.com/search?q=+from%3Asilent_tester02

does not yield the "Dinner, movie, drinks." tweet in the index.

As an aside, I did an "exact match search" on that phrase above and it
returned many results that are not exact matches. But that's a
separate issue.

You could file an issue about the fact that the results coming back
are not always consistent, but the first thing I would do is make sure
that I am using a since_id that actually exists in the search index.
Granted this can be a bit of a pain to verify this 100% of the time
because sometimes tweets do not end up in the search index (which
appears to be the case here). But in my experience, most of the time,
they do.  So as a test, pick a tweet you know is in the index and make
some calls with it over a period of time.  See if the results are
consistent.

Best,
-damon
--