On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 12:48:02PM +0700, Dwi Sasongko Supriyadi wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 9:40 PM, Jai <jaishank...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > What is the criteria for dupliate tweets? then how the polling
> > applications works? they may have several tweets with similar text?
> >
> Duplicate tweets = consecutively, exactly same tweet.
>
> tweet1 = "foo";
> tweet2 = "bar";
>
> rv1 = send_tweet(tweet1);
> rv2 = send_tweet(tweet1);
> rv3 = send_tweet(tweet2);
>
> above sequence, only rv1 and rv3 are succeed.

That is not the full definition, or at least it wasn't around two weeks
ago when I first noticed it.  Once "tweet1" has been sent, any attempt
to send "tweet1" again within the next hour (probably longer, but I have
not attempted to determine the upper bound) will fail, regardless of how
many additional updates have been sent during that time.

rv1 = send_tweet(tweet1); # OK
rv2 = send_tweet(tweet2); # OK
rv100 = send_tweet(tweet100); # OK
rv101 = send_tweet(tweet1); # Fails, if within some unknown time limit

--
Dave Sherohman