I'm wondering if you have thought of addressing a use case that I've
run into and which I think is very important for twitter to support.
* I want my bot to be able to send private messages to followers that
appear in their stream but without them getting an email or SMS every
1. For personalized recommenders, letting people subscribe to a stream
of their recommendations would be great.
2. The twitter equivalent of any private or obfuscated RSS feed.
1. Have an "urgent" flag on DMs, set to true by default.
Setting it to false would skip the email/SMS step and just put it
in their stream.
2. Have an API for creating new accounts programmatically (or some
kind of sub-accounts).
Then I could create a new account with protected updates and only
let one user follow it.
3. Something custom?