We are uploading Twitter backgrounds via the API. We noticed today new
attempts to upload seem to be successful, but the profiles show no
background image. Looking at the page source, it shows a new
background image URL:
  background: ... url('http://a0.twimg.com/profile_background_images/
bg12573586264055.jpg') ...;

However, opening that URL returns an error:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Error><Code>AccessDenied</Code><Message>Access Denied</
Message><RequestId>20FB3BC5AEC2A2D5</RequestId><HostId>KheAYU8E/puKx
+qm5jtF9YeLLfc/NHcoCr6q2iOWZy2OR3tbtouA3Fo5aTrHUrZn</HostId></Error>

It would appear Twitter is not adding the S3 access key query string
to these background image URLs, or the images are being put into S3 as
private items.

Hope to see a fix soon.
Regards,
Kevin Hunt