I pushed the 2.0 version of the library to Github and it includes
quite a few changes.

Docs:
http://wiki.github.com/jmathai/twitter-async

Release Notes:
http://wiki.github.com/jmathai/twitter-async/twitter-async-20-release-notes
# Added a new (preferred) API
You can now use get, post, delete, get_basic, post_basic and
delete_basic. Details here
# No longer asynchronous by default
Most people were using it synchronously and didn’t understand why you
had to access a response parameter to ensure the call completed.
useAsynchronous(true) should be used if you want to use it that way or
hard code the default value in _EpiTwitter.php)
# Revamped the exceptions
Details on the new exception hierarchy
# Added support for versioned URLs
# Fixed lots and lots of bugs