I thought this too when I first saw the new list api.  Is the Twitter
team moving away from id/screenname based query parameters and simply
using screen names?

I suppose the point being that Daniel was making is that screen name
is superflous when using authentication especially since all the POST,
PUT and DELETE commands will require authentication to work.

It would be good to at least know which url structure Twitter intend
to support because as it stands now their is a disjoint between this
new API and the old ones.

Sent from my iPhone