We've thought about it, scoped it, and been careful to build various
components in such a way to eventually trivially support streaming
social graph changes over the Streaming API. This data would probably
lead to very interesting things, and we're excited about the
possibilities. But, social graph changes are not the highest priority
item at the moment, other items must come first.

-John Kalucki
http://twitter.com/jkalucki
Services, Twitter Inc.