413 usually means "too long" on the Streaming API. Too many
predicates, or perhaps a URL of crazy length. This is documented in
the wiki.

First, be sure that you are using a POST parameter and not encoding
your predicates in the URL. Second, look at the text message that is
returned with the 413. It will tell you what you are doing wrong. Most
likely, you are attempting to follow more users than the Shadow role
allows.

Detail your use case, and perhaps then we can give some advice on the
availability of the data and, if available, the most practical way to
obtain the data. We do not make every arbitrary materialization of the
data available.

-John Kalucki
http://twitter.com/jkalucki
Services, Twitter Inc.