It would be nice, however, if we could get the streaming API out of
ALPHA before the degrading of the search API begins... just saying...

Additionally, it would be helpful if Twitter would publish their EXACT
algorithm/method for matching tweets to track terms and
multiplexing... and here is why.
Given the current system for streaming your partners have to "undo"
the multiplexing and matching in order to effectively (accurately?)
provide the correct results.

Additionally, it should be pointed out that many services (mine
included) that offer multi-word exact match searches (because the old
Search API) will have to abandon support for those types of searches
(not good since they are perfectly valid for every other Social Media
search API) OR over subscribe to the track streaming API.

Example: I want to find "health care"

Using the streaming API I'll have no choice but to get every tweet
containing "health" OR "care" and then do the multi-word exact match
on the client side. This could cause me to be limited (sampled)
because too many tweets contain one of the individual words in my
multi-word search. As importantly, we will have to come up with a
solution to a single customer putting in too common a track word
(e.g., is) which would cause the total track streaming API to become
sampled.

My primary concern is that the new streaming API seems to have been
developed solely based on what is best for Twitter - without regard
for common partner/developer use cases. There is a TON of complexity
that has been shifted to the developer/client side of the API. If that
is what Twitter needs to do to maintain service and protect the
overall service I understand (I have to do the same), but given that
longer lead times are required (i.e., there is no way the current
search API should degrade until WELL AFTER the new API is out of BETA,
never-mind ALPHA).

Please understand - I simply want a stable production system (even if
it shifts a ton of complexity to the developer/client side) and until
the new one is ready and proven the "old" should not be degraded...

regards,

Brian Roy
justSignal