It is possible to post a NL in a status update, but almost all HTML clients will ignore it (actually, they'll treat it like any other NL in HTML, which is about the same thing).

Even my command-line twitter client, which used to display the post such as yours with a NL correctly, now mimics the behaviour of HTML clients.

bottom line: I don't think you will find a client that will honor a NL. you might be able to get a few  s in to emphasize your URL by separating it from your text, but it's iffy and (at six chars for a single blank space) expensive.

Joseph Cheek
jos...@cheek.com
@cheekdotcom on twitter

ericbulloch wrote:
Hey All,

I was wondering is it possible to add line breaks when posting a
tweet.

For example I want to post some thing like this:

Check out what I just designed...
{Link to design}

Create your own design at...
{Link to create design}

But when I post a tweet it looks like this:
Check out what I just designed... {Link to
design} Create your own design at... {Link
to create design}

Please help