Gardenhose is a access level for the /1/statuses/sample resource. If
you are sampling, you are rather unlikely to ever see a given user's
status, even one as prolific as @guykawasaki. [Snark redacted -- Ed.]

Please detail how you are connecting to the Streaming API and what you
expect in return. Perhaps we can clear up a misunderstanding.

Also, if you are looking for statuses from specific users, you may be
better off with /1/statuses/filter and the follow parameter or also
the track parameter to gather mentions.

-John Kalucki
http://twitter.com/jkalucki
Services, Twitter Inc.