Thanks, I'll look into that but I doubt that's the issue, this started
happening when they started storing the images in a different
location, and it hasn't worked since.
It seems to go through without any errors from the api yet when you go
to your twitter page nothing has been changed.
Everything else works, the font colors etc..

The response from the api says the background image is here
http://a0.twimg.com/profile_background_images/bg.gif that's not the
correct location for the image.