OAuth works fine in my application but then when I open a new tab to
login to twitter, I login and I get this message:

"Woah there!
This page requires some information that was not provided. Please
return to the site that sent you to this page and try again … it was
probably an honest mistake."

When I hit back on the browser, the error message goes away and I am
at my home page.

This looks to be a bug with Twitter's OAuth. Here are the steps to
reproduce:

1) Make sure you are logged out of twitter.com
2) Use a third party app to login to twitter: (you can use this demo:
http://twitteroauth.appspot.com/)
3) Open a second tab, go to twitter.com and login. You should get the
error message above?

I am not too familiar with OAuth but I have used a few different code
libraries for python and they all seem to have the same issue.
Any one experience similar?