Just saw that the silverlight version of Bing maps are now displaying
real-time tweets.

We have been working on a similar real-time map concept that clusters
the data more effectively allowing you to view up to 7 days of tweets
at any zoom level.  Currently bing decreases the timespan to reduce
clutter.

http://www.planeteye.com/maps?set=map.4179&ll=42.8760,-91.1477&z=4&sh=true

Would it be possible to receive firehose access to put our clustering
technology to the test, and provide healthy competition to the bing
map?  Currently our dataset is limited by the streaming api call we
are making, which may or may not be picking up all geotagged tweets
based on our keywords.

Thanks,

Matt.