On Thu, Dec 03, 2009 at 01:48:58PM +0530, Anandaraju P G wrote:
> If I authenticate using OAuth , source will update fine, but its not working
> for Username/Password authentication.
> can you help on this.

As Raffi stated, that's the way it's supposed to work:

> On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 7:21 AM, Raffi Krikorian <ra...@twitter.com> wrote:
> > the source parameter is not useful to new applications - in order to
> > populate it, you must make your calls using oauth.

The source parameter is only relevant for *old* applications.  I don't
know the exact cutoff date, but I'm fairly certain it's over six months
ago.  Any application registered after that date *cannot* use the source
parameter to identify itself.  You *must* authenticate using OAuth if
you wish your application to be identified as the source of updates.

--
Dave Sherohman