This "unorderedness" is confusing to users.. They see their number of
followers increase, then when they open their list of followers, the
same set of people are always shown.. They are expecting to see their
newest followers at the top of the list like they do on the twitter
website.

Its not even possible to to order this list ourselves, as the
"followed date" is not available in the response. Though that would be
a very expensive operation to do on a mobile device for people with
thousands of followers.