I've been wrestling with getting OAuth in my Django application to
work; as I've been receiving the (401, 'Unauthorized', 'Failed to
validate oauth signature and token') error at the "request_token"
stage. My clock is synced, so that was never a problem for me. I
started to analyze the URLs coming out of the OAuth library, but those
always looked fine.

Then I got some help from a friend who in turn let me try his
application. I used my keys with his application and they failed (when
obviously, his application worked). Then I thought to do the reverse.
So I used his keys with my application and the authorization screen
came up as expected.

I have no idea what could be causing this and I've thoroughly stumped
friends of mine as well. The only thing I can think of is that the
keys I'm being given don't work. Note that I've reset them and I have
created new applications, but with no luck.

Reply via email to