I do understand that in a web application that problem may occur, however
I'm developing a w3c widget, and so, I  don't have any associated domain.
How can I authenticate a w3c widget using Oauth with javascript?

2009/11/30 Raffi Krikorian <ra...@twitter.com>

> i think that's the problem - you can't make an ajax request to a server
> that is not hosting the HTML/Javascript that you are loading in the browser
> (look for "same origin
> policy<http://www.google.com/search?q=xmlhttprequest+Same+Origin+Policy>").
>  it *may* be possible to do it using jsonp, but i haven't tried it myself.
>
> Yes, it is. I'm using this Oauth API
> http://oauth.googlecode.com/svn/code/javascript/oauth.js
>
> is this a cross domain ajax request issue?
>>
>>  I'm doing Oauth authentication for my application and it run's well in
>>> IE. When i change to Firefox, Safari or Opera this error appears
>>> "[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005

--
regards,

Daniel Silva