Yes, I'm getting 404 errors as well. This was not happening yesterday.

http://twitter.com/statuses/show/5211439124.xml does not return a 404
http://api.twitter.com/1/statuses/retweets/5211439124.json returns a
404

So, obviously the status is there, but the retweet api isn't working;
or maybe they have started returning 404s if there aren't retweets
available for a status?