Hi all,

The tweepy twitter client uses api.twitter.com for the host for oauth calls:

    REQUEST_TOKEN_URL = 'http://api.twitter.com/oauth/request_token'
    AUTHORIZATION_URL = 'http://api.twitter.com/oauth/authorize'
    AUTHENTICATE_URL = 'http://api.twitter.com/oauth/authenticate'
    ACCESS_TOKEN_URL = 'http://api.twitter.com/oauth/access_token'

I've found that this works, until the user tries to sign out or sign
up during the authorization; if this happens, they get a 404. If,
however, twitter.com is used as the host:

    REQUEST_TOKEN_URL = 'http://twitter.com/oauth/request_token'
    AUTHORIZATION_URL = 'http://twitter.com/oauth/authorize'
    AUTHENTICATE_URL = 'http://twitter.com/oauth/authenticate'
    ACCESS_TOKEN_URL = 'http://twitter.com/oauth/access_token'

then *everything*, including signout and signup, works. This also
matches the instructions at
http://twitter.com/oauth_clients/details/%d.

However, it strikes me as odd that the oauth stuff half works at
api.twitter.com.

My question is: What is the bug? That the api.twitter.com oauth
endpoints only partially work -- in which case tweepy is fine and I
should file a bug with Twitter -- OR that the api.twitter.com oauth
works at all -- in which case I should ping the author of tweepy and
perhaps suggest to Twitter that they remove this partial functionality
to prevent future confusion?

Many thanks,
Josh