On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 3:57 PM, Adam Green <a...@vibemetrix.com> wrote:
> My goal is NOT to build a bulk follower that blindly follows and
> unfollows thousand of users each day. I understand the negative
> aspects of these. But I also realize that building a following is an
> essential part of being a productive Twitter user. Is there a middle
> ground that is allowed?
>
> My idea is to build an well behaved app that uses a procedure like
> this to build a following for a Twitter account:
> Select the most active Twitter users in a specific market.
> Follow a small number, perhaps 50,  per day.
> If these follows are not followed back in a week, unfollow them.
> Log this attempt, and repeat it again after an interval of perhaps 30
> days.
> If 2 or 3 follow attempts for an account fail to gain a follow back,
> then stop trying permanently for that account.

Why not do something much simpler:

1. Follow people you find interesting, gradually.

2. Generate content which will make you interesting to others

3. Use @replies, mentions, and DMs to communicate with others

4. Gain followers who are interested in what you have to say, not
because of some lame system of reciprocity.

Just a thought…

TjL