Hi everyone.

I'm at wit's end here -- I believe I'm doing everything correctly, and
when I fake Twitter responses with Fakeweb, my app works as expected,
but when I actually use Twitter, it does not.  Here's the problem.

I'm using Rails 2.3.5, Authlogic 2.1.2, Authlogic-OAuth 1.0.8, and
OAuth 0.3.5 with Ruby 1.8.7 on Mac OS X 10.6.1.  I have a login page
with a Sign in with Twitter button, which I set up more or less
following http://github.com/jrallison/authlogic_example/tree/with-oauth
.  When I click that button, I get redirected to
http://twitter.com/oauth/authenticate
, and if I'm not logged in, I get the expected Twitter prompts to log
in and authorize my application.  So far so good.

But once things are done on the Twitter side, the problem occurs.
Although I have a callback URL registered with Twitter, Twitter does
not redirect to it, but instead goes back to the same URL that the
process started from, with the addition of oauth_token and
oauth_verifier parameters.  I found another thread on this forum that
suggested that this behavior was due to my passing Twitter an
oauth_callback parameter, but I've used Paros to inspect all the HTTP
traffic between my app and Twitter, and there is no such parameter to
be found anywhere.

As I see it, then, Twitter is completely ignoring my registered
callback URL and just redirecting back to the URL that the request
originally came from.  Why?

Best,
--
Marnen Laibow-Koser