Hi all,
I was feeling a little clever after working on some Twitter API stuff
but then thought "oh! I'd better think about Twitters rate
limiting"...and then that's where my brain started to melt!

A few bits of info: my web app needs people to authenticate (OAUTH)
and, from then on, the app analyses their tweets and occasionally
updates registered user's statuses.

I've applied for the webserver IP to be white listed which I believe
gives the app 20,000 requests per hour.

I've not found the search API to be great when looking for a hashtag
(sometimes tweets just don't seem to get indexed) so I've gone a stage
further and am analysing the individual timelines of all my registered
users via a cron job (the cron job sucks in all of a persons tweets
greater than the last analysed tweet of the user). This call is made
via OAUTH/authenticated so I believe such a call depletes the user's
rate limit quota rather than the IP/authenticated account of the
webserver quota? Is that correct?

Thanks for any thoughts here

Joel