I understood you since the beginning. It doesn't feel redundant to me,
I'm pretty sure that is intended functionality.

Even if they disappeared from "retweeted by others" there still needs
to be a way to know if you can undo regular tweets you've retweeted
since they don't include any "retweeted" information in the other
timeline methods (home_timeline etc).