Hi ,
       Thanks for your reply.But actually i am talking about the
conversation thread returned by the twitter .I am using this url to get the
conversation thread as xml.

http://search.twitter.com/search/thread/statusid

Is there any scenario when twitter will return only one message in this xml
? If there, then what is that scenario ?