Hi Kidd,
Many ways to do this depending on a) do you want to store the data
somewhere, calculate things, then show the data in a visualization or b)
calculate on the fly.

One thing you might consider is writing to a google spreadsheet the data you
get back from your twitter query. You can use this instead of a DB.
You can then write very simple queries to the spreadsheet and rapidly
produce a visualization, among many other cool things. Also, there are a ton
of cool functions built into spreadsheets so you can do a lot of nifty math
on the server, then just call results using GQL from the client.

see:
http://code.google.com/apis/visualization/documentation/querylanguage.html

Cheers
Peter