I have a product which I need to update for the 'internal' RT feature
(as opposed to sending with 'RT' on the front manually). As a security
feature of the product I do not ask for nor require the user to give
me authorisation for Twitter access in any way - I'm never doing an
update and only retrieving public tweets, so to demand a key is
unnecessary and a possible - if theoretical - security hole I feel.

Using http://api.twitter.com/1/statuses/user_timeline.json?user_id=00000
used to bring in everything, but now it doesn't.

The only available option appears to be
http://api.twitter.com/1/statuses/retweeted_by_me.json except that
demands authentication for all users, even though they may be public
on the web interface, etc.

Why? And can the retweeted_by_me be removed from this requirement for
non-hidden users please. That it isn't integrated into the main
user_timeline I can live with.

Alison Wheeler