On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 3:05 PM, Alison W <alis...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a product which I need to update for the 'internal' RT feature
> (as opposed to sending with 'RT' on the front manually). As a security
> feature of the product I do not ask for nor require the user to give
> me authorisation for Twitter access in any way - I'm never doing an
> update and only retrieving public tweets, so to demand a key is
> unnecessary and a possible - if theoretical - security hole I feel.
>
> Using http://api.twitter.com/1/statuses/user_timeline.json?user_id=00000
> used to bring in everything, but now it doesn't.
>
> The only available option appears to be
> http://api.twitter.com/1/statuses/retweeted_by_me.json except that
> demands authentication for all users, even though they may be public
> on the web interface, etc.

It seems two complete different things to. The user_timeline will
retrieve the things send to the user. In a way, retweets by the user
are already in the user_time, so there is no need to retrieve them
again (there is a problem about pointing the tweets retweeted in the
timeline, but that's a complete different subject.)

If you want the normal timeline PLUS the retweets by users the user_id
follows, you should use home_timeline instead (which is the normal
user_timeline + retweets of following.)

Other than that, I can't really understand what you are trying to do.

--
Julio Biason <julio.bia...@gmail.com>
Twitter: http://twitter.com/juliobiason