(sorry - that was sent too early)

any tweet created using the geotagging API, that is within the specified
radius, will be returned.  additionally, the search infrastructure parses
the "location" field in a user's profile and will return tweets by users who
have set their location to within that radius,

--
Raffi Krikorian
Twitter Platform Team