Twitter's been trying to hire new support staff for quite a while now.
 You'll probably remember Doug's email.  From what I can determine, they've
had no luck finding people, because it's still the engineers answering
questions in here.

They're stretched.  Saying something sucks and following it with !!!
probably doesn't help the moral of the guys who are helping - often out of
hours from what I can see.

I feel the frustration too, but there's definitely more constructive things
you can do about it.  Why not send out a tweet, or message to your other
networks saying Twitter's looking for support staff?

Tim.