Hi,

What about this?
  http://code.google.com/p/twitter-api/issues/detail?id=1233

I'm not interested in passwords at all, but it's not possible using oAuth
for the streaming API. You have suggested mixing the streaming API and REST
API for providing the best experience for users, but this way I have no
choice but using username/password authentication to be able to use the
streaming API.

Bye,
  Andras