I have been building a Flash app that uses OAuth authentication with
Twitter. But before you even worry about that, you need to know that
thanks to Twitters bizzare crossdomain.xml policy, you're going to
need a PHP proxy or something similar in order to send your requests
to Twitter. Flash in the browser cannot authenticate directly to
Twitter thanks to their policies. Take a look:
http://groups.google.com/group/twitter-development-talk/browse_frm/thread/e35a708400b529b3/a523a3f5e6c3d6a5?lnk=gst&q=crossdomain#a523a3f5e6c3d6a5

That said, here are some resources that may be useful:
http://soenkerohde.com/2009/07/high-level-as3flex-library-for-oauth-with-twitter-from-air/
http://www.iotashan.com/index.php/2008/04/28/oauth-actionscript-library/