1. Desktop applications are those that are installed or ran from a PC
/Mac/Linux or on a mobile device.  They are outside of the browser.

2. One is used for web applications, the other is for desktop applications.

3.  You are correct.  PIN workflow is only for desktop applications.

Ryan

Sent from my DROID