To be fair, I don't think "native mobile apps" *should* be written as
"desktop apps". You should be building them as servers, with either a
custom thin client or a browser running on the mobile. Mobiles don't
have the same kind of horsepower, they don't have (yet) practical
spoken text input or keyboards, and there are far too many different
configurations for a practical portable native mobile desktop app.
Mobile apps are all about communication, as is Twitter, and that's
what servers are for.