Agreed.

The reason you don't want to give out YOUR consumer key and consumer secret
in your open-source code is because somebody could download your code, make
malicious changes to make it do something bad, and now their app looks
exactly like yours to Twitter since the consumer keys are the same.  So when
that app starts causing problems for users, it YOU that they start
contacting.

Ryan