On Jan 18, 8:03 pm, John Kalucki <j...@twitter.com> wrote:
> 3) You should have two accounts (and thus streams) at elevated access
> levels, one for follow and one for track, that perform the bulk of your
> work. You should also use two accounts at default access level for follow
> and track to find recent deltas without disrupting your main streams too
> often. Once the default streams are "full", you'll have to cycle the main
> streams.

So that's four accounts? Is that part of the EULA we'd need to sign -
that we'll have four connections open?

> 5) You can use the geo tag feature, but the volume is so low. We don't have
> a feature in the Streaming API that allows selecting statuses by the
> self-reported profile information yet.

Is that in the works? I'm not sure I can think of a use case for it,
given that the marketing analytics folks are going to be going all out
to encourage at least smart-phone users to enable automatic
geotagging. For lower-frequency / lower-accuracy use cases, I'm pretty
sure I can build a list of people who are based in PDX without
resorting to high-powered technologies. Especially once I get 1500
REST API calls per hour with oAuth. ;-)

The non-profits are also interested in promoting geotagging. I was in
a meeting on the subject last Tuesday. (some of the slides are at
http://maps2.humaninet.org/2010/01/18/january-12th-mapping-presentations/).
In short, I think geotagging is going to grow as fast as smart-phones
and other location-aware Twitter clients grow. (As an aside, those in
the meeting were unaware that the earthquake in Haiti had happened
during the meeting.)

--
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky
http://borasky-research.net/smart-at-znmeb

I've never met a happy clam. In fact, most of them were pretty
steamed.