It wouldn't be part of the EULA that you'd need to sign, it would be the
only practical way to get the data on the current system.

Streaming doesn't have a way to search on user-reported location in the
profile, but you can do this with the near: parameter in search. There are
clear use cases for this functionality, demonstrated by the popularity of
this search feature.

I wouldn't be so confident in Geo Tagging uptake. I can geo tag all of my
tweets, yet I only do when it would add to the content.