Hi,

I'm currently using the statuses/sample streaming API to store the
sample tweets for later processing by different applications that mine
the data. It is crucial for my applications to avoid data losses as
much as possible. Since the API consumer and the applications all run
in the cloud, a simple solution to prevent data losses on server
failures would be to have two servers redundantly consuming the API
and performing de-duplication at a later stage. Is this usage pattern
(duplicate consumption of the sample stream) considered abusive? Do I
risk being banned for having two clients consuming the same stream?

Regards,
Santiago