Target for abuse? How? Does Twitter allow to create an extra account
just for a blog so people can follow my blog?
Or do I have to use my personal account and say 'follow me on
Twitter', when I really mean to follow my blog updates?

I just don't see any forums to implement this yet, I am surprised at
that. It seems feasible to add a feature to a forum software that
would send update when a new thread is created on a forum or maybe
even when new reply is made.

Or is the reason this is not implemented anywhere is because this sort
of thing is not allowed by Twitter?