I understand. It's not against Twitter policy to have multiple
accounts, it's just that you need to manually create each one
and the captcha on the site will prevent robots from auto-creating
one.

So technically I can add a feature the forum software 'follow this
forum on twitter' but the twitter account has to be created by hand.

Is that about right?