On 1/25/2010 8:55 PM, Johnny Honestly wrote:
Twitter is a messenger system. They want people to use the system.
They also want the people to make of the service what they will. If
they opened it up and made affiliates out of developers and producers,
they would have a free marketing force beyond the twiddle celeb fetish
factor.

If they made API reg, for instance, every new wordpress sign up could
simultaneously become a new twitter user.

I'm not talking about an API registration, what I'm talking about is either a new URL or a modification of the current URL that allows the user to allow an app where if the person isn't a twitter user it will let them become one, then go back, register the app, and return.