If they allow create accounts from API then this is what's going to
happend:
All leading online forum software will implement an option to create
new twitter account for a new forum.
So if you run an online forum like vbulletin, you can have 100 forums,
thus 100 accounts on twitter.

This means that every post make to just about every forum on the
Internet will end up on twitter.
This will add thousands, tens on thousands of updates per second to
twitter. I don't know if they really want it.

For the forum owner this may be great - more traffic to their forums,
for end user also an extra way to follow
his favorite forums.

I am sure if Twitter allows account creation from API, all major forum
and blog/CMS makers will jump right it.