On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 6:01 PM, Raffi Krikorian <ra...@twitter.com> wrote:

to make your life a bit easier, trends/available can optionally take a
> latitude and a longitude, and then it will sort all the available trends
> locations by distance from the given point.

Nice!!

>> Local Trends appear to be rolling out through the web UI, any sense on
>> when the API end points will open up?
>>

> as users get access to them through the web UI, the user also gets access
> to the API.  we're racing towards getting all users access to the local
> trends.

Thanks!! I'll be watching my browser! ;-)

One other geo question - is there a list somewhere of which clients /
desktop tools send tweets that are geotagged? I can infer some of that by
collecting geotagged tweets from the streaming API and looking at the
"source" field, but I was looking for something like "If you want your
tweets to be geotagged, do this and it will work."

Right now, the context is the Haiti relief effort, but I'm sure there are
other places in the crisis management / mapping universe where a guide like
that would be useful. A small datapoint - I did a Search last night for a
200 km radius around the epicenter and pulled in 7500 tweets total, of which
93 were geotagged.

--
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky
http://borasky-research.net

"I've always regarded nature as the clothing of God." ~Alan Hovhaness