Bulletin boards could implement whatever they want, but Twitter might
just make this function available only to registered app developers
and set a specific limit for creating new accounts for each of them
depending on purpose. So if I was to make an automatic weather
forecast translation to Twitter, for example, I would just make a
request for 1 000 new accounts (for each city) and then they decide
whether to allow it or not.