Interesting.This is more or less similar to each user registering their own
app. But twitter may have better control with this hierarchy.

Just wondering if twitter could actually replace 'PIN'  part with those
key/secret pair i.e when  the user clicks 'Download app' link in apps
webpage  it will do all the initial oauth stuff i.e generating req tokens
etc and redirect the user to twitter (https) and (authenticate if required)
twitter will generate the new key/secret pair and it will either
1) redirect these values back to the apps download page so that app can
embed these values in the download pkg and push this pkg to user or
2) just display those key/secret in twitter page and ask user to manually
enter those details after they download the pkg

The advantage with the second approach is that the apps providers don't have
to implement anything significant other than using the regular oauth stuff
(just change the url). Even with the first approach there is no need for any
sort of client communication from desktop app to app provider after a pkg is
downloaded.

Again this whole scenario is for 'PIN' based desktop flows only(not for
browser less systems). Basically the reasoning is that if the users have no
issues in entering the PIN then they shouldn't have any issues with entering
these key/secret pair either.
If UX is an issue then the first approach may be used.

Any comments on this?