Users of my library (TwitterVB) are reporting the same problem.  this
library has been working for quite some time, we've made no changes to
the encoding, and now we're getting reports from several users that
statuses that contain the exclamation point ("!") are being rejected
for "incorrect signature".

I'd be grateful for some feedback from the platform team on this.
This wouldn't be the first time that OAuth was changed and no one
communicated it to the developer community.